Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Every Life Has a Story

I'm really torn here.

Over the past several months, I've met & made friends with amazing people. But at the same time, I hate that we ever met. At least, I hate how we had to meet. And in this crap situation we're all living in, so many people go out of their way to be kind & do wonderful things for everyone else.

One of those people is Malory, who lost her 2nd child, a little girl named Janessa, right around the time we lost Joel. She created a site called Every Life Has a Story in order to make videos for parents that have lost children. I mean, ignore the fact that I think it's very kind of her to do that...let's just remember the woman is a mom & wife. I'm happy if I get a chance to sleep more than 6 hours a night, nevermind everything I do in my daily life AND making things like this for people. That holds true for so many people out there who do similar things as a tribute to their lost children as well as others.

As I said, Malory makes videos. She's made several, I've watched them all & lived the heartache of another family living in similar shoes as ours. This time, however, the video was different. This time, it was Joel's turn...



Malory wins my nice person of the week contest. It's the first week I've given such an honor. And I can pretend I'll start handing that honor out from now on, but we all know how bad I am at following through with things. But lets enjoy this weeks winner anyway.

14 comments:

  1. Jess, Joel is beautiful. This video is so wonderful and sad. I love the pictures of Joel's hair and his little ears and feet. I have read your posts before about the nurse staring at him whenever she came into the room and after seeing him I just shake my head. He's perfect. She obviously has issues. Thank you so much for sharing him with us...Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you have heard this a billion times before but I have to tell you I am so sorry your loss. I can't even begin to fathom the pain you must feel. My heart goes out to you and your family. Your baby boy is beautiful!!! Joel definitely has a story and you do a wonderful job of telling it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome video for an amazingly beautiful baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just commented on Adam's profile about how beautiful this video is. It brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww shucks Jess, thanks. I'm now crying. Joel IS beautiful. I am honored that I got to know him even more by doing his life story. I am also grateful that through all of our tragedies we were able to find each other, our very own silver lining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In tears. How beautiful! I don't think I've even seen Joel's picture before. I think he looks like Adam- maybe because of the hair. He had the most precious feet. I love, love, love the pictures of all four of you together. Malory is amazing. What a wonderful gift she provides. I need to get my pics to her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know you got to get a picture of the 4 of you. The whole video is really beautiful and I agree that Malory is just made of awesome for doing this for people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen Malory's videos before, but it was different this time, 'knowing' the story behind the name... Malory is amazing for making these, but you are as well for letting us into your personal space... You have so many beautiful photos of Joel, I am so glad you were able to get shots of his feet, his ear, his curls... all those memories. Thank you for sharing; I have tears pouring down my face, but some days it's nice to be right there again... (And I agree, that photo of the 4 of you is beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jess, this is beautiful. Malory does such a great job. I broke down in tears watching this. Joel is beautiful and like everyone else love the photo of the four of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - he is such a beauty. Thank you for sharing him with us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched it on her site and she did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful video of your precious baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks to all the nice peeps who commented.

    Jules slept through the pictures...like you couldn't tell. I was actually thankful in a way. As nice as it would have been to have a picture where he was alert, I'm sure the entire situation would have been super confusing to him. He'd already had a rough couple days, he'd never spent the night anywhere before & had never been to a hospital, so the entire situation was already scary & confusing for him.

    And I'm going to claim his looks. :) He looked basically identical from me as a newborn, including the hair. That was weird, too. I assumed he'd look pretty much like Jules, but he really looked nothing like him. The nurse brought him over wrapped up after they cleaned him up a little & I was getting a couple stitches. I looked at him & thought, "Oh shit, this one was from my gene pool." My parents were tore up, especially my mom. I've always thought him looking like me just made it harder on them in a way. Of course I'd love him no matter what or who he looked like, but sometimes I can't help but to think "he was going to be my special buddy like Jules is with Adam." I'm lame like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow i just want to tell you that you are an amazing women and very strong to go through what you have gone through. your baby was very beautiful and may he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails