Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dead Baby Angry Letter Campaign

The back story is here...

A couple people have mentioned they'd love to write an angry letter on my behalf to express outrage over the hospital refusing us a bill for our sons autopsy, so...

Here is the contact info you need if you'd like to write or, heck, even call.

Pleasant Valley Hospital
2520 Valley Drive
Point Pleasant, WV 25550

The number is (304) 675-4340.

You can also go to their contact page & submit a message.

You're contacting them on behalf of the family of Joel Culver, the mother they've ignored all this time is Jessica Culver. They ignore me, therefore they ignore my dead son. I do not like that. Not at all.

Ask them how they sleep at night ignoring the situation & why they are being so damn secretive about the charges. Those are just suggestions, of course.

I've contacted the Vice President of Patient Services, Vice President of Financial Services, both billing departments (physician & hospital), & the patient advocate program. None have ever responded to me. The department directory is here, if you'd like to check that out. I've been told I can contact someone named Tom Shouder at ext.
1360, he's a higher up of billing administration.

This might seem lame & maybe nothing would come of this either, but I'd like them to be haunted by my story if nothing else. Of course, I'll update you on any happenings that come up & I appreciate anyone for even a short a message sent on our behalf or an angry phone message you may leave.

MAJOR NEWS EDIT!

I just spoke to a supervisor at the hospital who shed alot of light on the situation. My son, even stillborn, was considered "doa," dead on arrival, since he was already confirmed dead when we went to the hospital. For any situations like that, THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR AN AUTOPSY. I shouldn't have been charged. She told me I would never get a bill because it was suppose to be free. When I told her I was charged $2800, she was speechless & couldn't get off the phone fast enough.

Mystery solved. These people blow. They used my dead son to rip me off $2800.

9 comments:

  1. I've submitted a nice little note as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me sick. I will be sending something along saying they should be giving you their money back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for angry letters!

    I hope to totally have their inbox filled with my sons name tomorrow morning when they check their email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted about you on a board I post on, altdotlife and someone also wrote them a message.


    Here is the link:
    http://www.altdotlife.com/forum/index.php?topic=293.msg948211#msg948211


    I think I mentioned this board to you before, there's a forum dedicated to life after losing a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll write one before I go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. E-mail sent. I'm so sorry this happened and is happening, and that your son is not with you.
    - Kristin, who found you through altdotlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. www.knockedupknockeddown.blogspot.comDecember 9, 2009 at 8:30 AM

    Hi - visiting here for the first time. I'm so sorry, first of all, for Joel's death. This added nickle-n-diming is a terrible added face-smack, and I'm so god-awful sorry you've had to deal with this. It's good that it got resolved, and I hope this is a lesson to hospitals everywhere- they could all use some more learning.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails